Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Chosen for the KNOW Theatre Playwright Festival of 2020!

I received great news today and I am over the moon!

I am excited to announce that I am one of six winners of KNOW Theatre's 2020 Playwright Festival in Binghamton, NY. Each year the theatre chooses three pieces of art and writers craft a 15 minute play inspired by one of them. From that pool, two plays are chosen to be produced for each art piece.

In response to the pandemic and considering the safety of the local community, this year the productions will be performed virtually as stage readings. I am excited to see these new works!

One of my favorite things about this festival is the blind submission process, where the judges don't know anything about the writer and rate the submissions on their responses to the writing and other predetermined criteria. 

The festival will be running Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for two weekends, November 20-22 and 27-29. My play will run twice, once each weekend, on different evenings. I will post more when I know more specifics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment